NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Freely Clothing LLC Giving Chain Contest (the “Contest”) is designed to give people (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) the opportunity to give to others without personal financial limitations. Judges will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the“Rules”).
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Freely Clothing LLC with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, for example, a “green card”); (b) be 18 years or older or the age of majority in the state or district in which you reside (c) have obtained a parent’s or legal guardian’s prior permission. Minors who enter must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian in order to be eligible to receive any prizes (d) Agree to have their giving journey filmed and to waive any and all rights associated with their appearance in the film. This film is used for transparency purposes to display our impact as well as inspire others to live generously. We will never sell this content to any third party and it will only be displayed on our website and video hosting websites (Youtube, Zimeo etc.) Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and immediate families (parents, siblings, children, and spouses of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest. The winners from prior Giving Chain Contest are not eligible for entry in order to give as many people as possible the opportunity to give freely.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on the first day of the month 12am Eastern Time (ET) Zone in the United States and ends on the 30th of each month at 11:59pm Eastern Time (ET) Zone (“Contest Period”). This contest will renew each month at the same dates and times as stated above. All dates are subject to change.
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest go to http://freely-clothing.com/pages/giving-chain-contest or fill in the comment box at checkout during the Contest Period and follow the instructions that appear at the top of the page, or per the Contest Guidelines. You will be requested to complete the entry form by (a) providing your answer to the question 'what would I do if I could give freely?'; (b) enter your full name and email address on the entry form and (c) email the signed parental consent form to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are less than 18 years of age.
All entries must be accompanied by an email account as this is how the applicant will be notified if they are The Contest winner.
Entries received without a completed Entry Form or without a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature in the case of a minor's entry will be disqualified.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by Freely Clothing LLC); (ii) received by the 20th of that given month 11:59pm Eastern Time (ET); and (iii) in English. Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. Freely Clothing LLC accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Proof of emailing, form submission or comments made in a purchase invoice does not constitute proof of entry. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry.
5. CONTEST REQUIREMENTS. The answer to the question 'what would I do if I could give freely' and supporting statements must meet the following criteria (“Contest Requirements”):
- They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, torturous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the answer and supporting statement are created.
- They must not contain any content, material or element that involves any third party. A third party cannot act in the place of the winner or otherwise indicate a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party/commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- They must be original answers
- Must involve giving the reward to someone else or using the reward to buy something for someone else. The reward can not be used to help yourself, but can only be used to help and serve others.
- The answer must fit within the financial realities of the Giving Bucket maximum reward, 1,000 USD
- Agree to have their giving journey filmed (Section Two) At least the giver and receiver must sign a consent and release form upon winning the contest.
- Be available for filming during the first two weeks of the month (you do not need to make a commitment to this availability to enter, however preference will be given to those who can film within this time-frame) If you win and do not have any availability within the month in which you won we sadly reserve the right to choose an alternative winner.
- The answer should be locally or community based. The true aim of the contest is to help you reach out to your community and bring that neighbor helping neighbor mentality back to our society. That being said, if the person or community you wish to help is not local, but can be shot in one location, the winner can chose to have the film in that location at their own travel expense. At this time we can only film in one location within the USA.
During the Contest Period the judge will be evaluating the answers to ensure that they meet The Contest Requirements. The judge reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that does not meet The Contest Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
6. JUDGING: Each answer will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”: (i) the scope of the need (ii) how well the entrant explains the need, how they would help and why they want to help; (iii) effective and realistic use of maximum Giving Bucket reward of 1,000 USD (iv) adherence to The Contest Requirements and these Rules.
There will be one winner each month.
Notification of Winner
The monthly winner will be notified on the 1st day of the following month via email. An announcement will go out that a winner has been chosen on the Freely Clothing LLC's facebook. If you have not received an email prior to that announcement stating that you are the winner, than you have not been selected and can enter the next month's contest. If the winner does not respond by the 3rd of the month at 11:59pm EST we will select another entry to win that month's Giving Bucket.
Decisions of the judges are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Freely Clothing LLC reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
Notification of Winners: Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential finalist or winner is disqualified for any reason, the entry that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential winner. The potential winner will be selected and notified by email, at Freely Clothing LLC's discretion. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within two (2) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein. Except where prohibited by law, each potential state winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Freely Clothing LLC. If required, potential winners must return all such required documents via email within forty-eight (48) hours or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential winner may be selected based on the judging Criteria described herein. In the event the potential winner is a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian must sign the documents and return them as described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding. All winners, including their parent representatives, agree to keep The Contest strictly confidential between submission and the film's final launch on the Freely Cothing website.
7. PRIZES: The Winner will receive the Giving Bucket: up to 1,000 USD towards helping your giving dreams become a reality.
Freely Clothing shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or any other travel expense for any reason.
The Giving Bucket will be gifted to the winner in person at the time of filming. All prizes awarded to minors will be paid in the name of the parent or legal guardian for the benefit of the child. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Freely Clothing LLC reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in Freely Clothing LLC’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any parties involved in The Contest.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Freely Clothing LLC a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display their answer and Giving Journey Film/Video and the inventions depicted therein for any purpose, including display on the Freely Clothing website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned.
13. PUBLICITY. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by Freely Clothing LLC at Freely Clothing LLC's expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by Freely Clothing LLC. Freely Clothing LLC will contact Entrants in advance of any Freely Clothing LLC-sponsored media request for interviews.
The Giving Journey film/video may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the video. Freely Clothing LLC reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the Winner on the Contest Site or through other media for publicity purposes.
14. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY:
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any entry or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
15. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
16. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER. Freely Clothing LLC is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed entries due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. Freely Clothing LLC is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
17. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Freely Clothing LLC reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Freely Clothing LLC further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Freely Clothing LLC reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
18. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a entry into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Freely Clothing LLC. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their entry voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Freely Clothing LLC or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s submission under these Rules.
19. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
20. ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Freely Clothing LLC of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the Saratoga County, NY USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.